Monday, August 01, 2005

Alpine Pond and Horseshoe Lake

Today I went to do a medium (approx 6 mile) afternoon hike as a continuation of what I had discovered a little while back.. (see here) So I parked my car on Alpine Road near the Alpine Pond and hiked the route I marked in red on the little map I show here. And this hike was gorgeous. I constantly surprise myself with the amount of incredibly beautiful nature that is so near by. So the pond I had seen, but the ridge along I walked, that was awsome. The photos dont really show the beauty, because it is so much bigger and more colorful than the photos show. But here is still a little photo summary for you to enjoy:
- Alpine Pond
View from Ridge -
- California Oak
Grasses -
- View from Ridge
Horseshoe Lake -

2 Comments:

At Tue Aug 02, 01:35:00 PM PDT, Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Beautiful pics!

 
At Tue Aug 02, 01:42:00 PM PDT, Blogger Doris said...

Looks wonderful :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home