Thursday, July 28, 2005

Hey man, or should I say Hay Woman!

Today just by accident I ran into this very interesting hay-art (is that a word?). It is a friendly parody of the famed 1857 painting "The Gleaners", a tribute to rural work and rustic piety, by French artist Jean Millet that you can view in the Paris' Louvre. This art I saw when I went out for a walk today at the pathway to Stanford's radio telescope, "the Dish". They are huge! There are 3 of them and they are all about 16' (5m) tall. They are made of hay and steel and they stand amid 11 large decorative bales of hay. The figures will stay at the Stanford Dish for a year. Read more about in the Stanford Report

4 Comments:

At Fri Jul 29, 10:26:00 AM PDT, Blogger Doris said...

They look fantastic!

 
At Fri Jul 29, 01:57:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay, that's really neat :D

 
At Sat Jul 30, 03:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger maria said...

Hay!Hay!

So creative!

 
At Sun Jul 31, 02:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger Agnes said...

I think this is cool! I might have to take a look myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home