Friday, July 22, 2005

Greece in California

When you see this picture, what is the first thing you think about? Well for me when I took this shot, I thought this is just like Greece. The white fence with the beautiful blue ocean in the background, the bright blue sky.. just as I remembered it from several years back. But no, it isn't Greece, it is at the Pigeon Point Lighthouse with the Pacific Ocean in the background as it looked today. Then there is something else that I noticed here that is remarkable. If you look in detail at the little image here (click on it tot enlarge it) you will see a date above the door saying 1872. Well if you would look at the lighthouse itself (photo on the Front Doors blog), you would see a different date. Interesting isn't it? Now the question is who is right.. The people who made the tourist sign (based on historical data), or the people who built the lighthouse and just put the current year on it. Do you know the answer?

2 Comments:

At Fri Jul 22, 10:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger Crystie said...

Love your blog, beautiful pictures! Found you via Blogexplosion BTW.

 
At Sun Jul 24, 09:20:00 AM PDT, Blogger Its Me! said...

Man, I don't know if its Greece or California...I only know I want to be THERE. I need a vacation something terrible....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home