Tuesday, August 02, 2005

This must be my lucky day

When I was preparing dinner today, which I admit am not always too consistent in, I did something that apparently I had never done before. I took a number of bowls out of my cupboard and when I did that and had them in my hands, things started to shift and before I knew it, a stack of 4 plates came tumbling down on my lime stone kitchen counter. So far always the weight of the bowls kept everything in place, but by taking them all out, the balance was disrupted. I only knew it were four plates that were broken when I collected the pieces to estimate the damage, I was able to create 3 1/2 plate from the pieces and the rest was too small to fit really well. I'm always careful with my stuff because I always hate it when something breaks. It feels like it is such a waste. But this time I thought of something else: I know in some countries it is tradition to throw plates for good luck. In other countries they say that broken pieces itself bring good luck. So maybe this is just what I needed and will my luck come back today. :)

4 Comments:

At Tue Aug 02, 06:32:00 PM PDT, Blogger welfare mum said...

Now that is a crying shame! I'm so sorry that happened.
Having kids, things frequently get broken around here. It can't be helped sometimes... but it kills me everytime I lose something that way. I'm just attached to my stuff, you know?
But on the brighter side- I do believe that as long as it's anything but a mirror that's broken.. it's just got to signify good luck to come! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I truly appreciate your comment.

 
At Wed Aug 03, 11:29:00 AM PDT, Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

I think that is a very good way of looking for the positive in the situation. I think your luck will become good now.

 
At Thu Aug 04, 05:51:00 PM PDT, Blogger Rio said...

when i was living in the dorms i only had two bowls and two plates. one night alone i broke one of my bowls, it was full of mac n. cheese, i cried to my mother and my boyfriend about this for an hour. it was very strange and out of character thing to do but the breaking of the bowl and lose of macoroni was too much for me to bare i guess.

 
At Fri Aug 05, 06:10:00 AM PDT, Blogger Kim said...

I hope your luck turns around!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home