Monday, October 10, 2005

My move - the packing and picking up.

With this little truck and only 2 people the moving company showed up at my door at 9:00 in the morning. I thought this is never enough for all the stuff. Not enough people and certainly not a big enough truck.But after just a mere three hours this is what my home looked like on the inside.the kitchen areamy livingroomand my bedroom. And in this bedroom I was sitting on the floor with my laptop connected to the cable modem. Yeah they left me a little corner next to my suitcases for me to hang out.
Then the young guy who was definitely in charge started labeling the boxes and writing the inventory list while the other guy was carrying everything down the stairs. And the loading of the truck began. More packing was done in the garage area and slowly the truck started to fill up.And to my surprise it all got done in 6 hours total. They filled up the truck it all fitted in there and left me with an empty house.What I think is strange, but they apparently think is efficient is that they will unload the truck and pack everything in a container. I wonder why they dont pack the container at my door. When I moved from the Netherlands to California, they loaded the container and sealed it in front of my door and when it arrived in California it arrived in that same container at my door. Would have liked it if it was like that again.

2 Comments:

At Thu Oct 13, 04:39:00 AM PDT, Blogger Agnes said...

Very humbling to see your whole world in a 20ft container, isn't it? As I was scrolling down the photos, I was thinking the same as you. Why load it twice? How strange.
What company did this for you? We searched to our wits end to find someone who would move my brother's in-laws to Puerto Rico. Never found a company and now...they live WITH my brother and his wife.
When do you leave? Is the baby excited about the move?

 
At Thu Oct 13, 07:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger /T/ said...

I'm leaving today. My little girl was excited to go with me in an airplane, but she will have to stay behind with her mommy. I said goodbye to her last night. It's been the toughest choice I had to make, but I know she will be doing good with her mom. I plan on calling her regularly and visiting her from time to time. And when she is a little older then she actually can come in the airplane with me and stay some more time with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home