Thursday, September 29, 2005

Windy Hill

With my new camera straight out of the box I went to the nearby Windy Hill open space preserve to see if I could capture some wildlife. I didn't have the extra memory card yet, only the out of the box 16MB, so I had room for only 6 photos, but for a short hike I thought that is ok for now. In the past I've come across quite a number of different animals there and I thought let me see what I can capture. Well here is the result of my 2 hour hike at Windy Hill:As you can see I wish I had the extra memory card.. When I ran into the coyote I had to delete photos first to make room. I wish I didn't have to delete those few hawk shots first, because the coyote took off when he spotted me strugling with the still unfamiliar camera. So I only got a distant shot of that one and not even smiling at the camera. I also ran into at least 6 deer, a couple of rabbits and all of them I could not capture because of the fact that the camera was full. Well according to FedEx, my 1GB memory card will be there tomorrow. Let's hope for that so I can shoot as much as I want.

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 30, 05:11:00 AM PDT, Blogger Agnes said...

The hawk in flight is amazing.
I'm impressed that you got a photo of a coyote at all. They are so danged elusive.

We live right in the middle of the city - but out our backdoor is preserved land. (preserved for frisbee golfers...oh well, good enough) Anyway, the city has built so much around us that the coyote have been pushed into the area right behind our house. (Scary for the cats) We have the darnedest time trying to catch them but hear them crying in unison in the nights. It's a sound I enjoy.
We have those red and whitetail hawks as well. And bunnies...OMG the bunnies around here. (My cat pounds his chest and meow's "I am The Great Bunny Hunter") It's hard to catch a bunny once it's in the house. :)

Have a great day T.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home