Saturday, August 06, 2005

5 Qs 4 U

Doris of Gran's on Bran got this from Scott-o-rama who got this from Larry who got it from...

In this little diversion the "tagger" asks five questions of the "taggee," and then the "taggee" ends the post with the instructions for how the game works so that it propagates like any good meme is supposed to.

Doris asked me:

/T/ -

1. What is the most unusual thing you have seen on one of your treks?

This was an easy question, because just the other day I saw something that kind of spooked me out. In fact I took pictures of the objects that I saw and thought to even write a post about it on my blog.
Well it was just this last Thursday, I hiked along the Crystal Spring reservoir. It has some nice views over the water, but there is a road (Cañada rd) going pretty close along the whole trail which makes it defintely less attractive. But after a half anhour hike I saw 4 packages tossed away in the bushes. Black garbage bag plastic taped shut with blue masking tape. And the first that came to mind was CSI.. what else could be in these packages than body parts?? Well I took 2 pictures while being uncomfortable with the situation and looked good at the spot if I could see any others than the four, which I could not. It felt weird, but since I am no hero, I did not even dare to touch or open them, affraid what I might find.
Then at home I tought, nah this can't be.. first of all the packages where too light.. 2 of them were still hanging in the bushes and did not fall through down on the ground. Second the size was for all of them approx. 2 ft long and a diameter of about 6 inch. Well that will never fit a body. And third, with coyotes and other wild animals around these bags would have been teared open if it contained some kind of flesh. Plus I thought what will the police do if I give them a call about it and it is just garbage? I felt stupid. The pictures I took with too little light they did not turn out good at all, so I thought I just forget about the whole thing, I even deleted them just to put it out of my head until I was asked this question about the most unusual thing and I recovered them from my trash can to show them here.
Well if anyone is interested in solving the mystery, the location is (packages might still be there) about 2 miles south on Cañada rd coming from highway 92 in San Mateo county on the hiking trail that goes along the right side of the road.

2. We usually have all sorts of half used jars in our refrigerators. Name a couple of things in your refrigerator that really need finishing off or throwing away?

You make the questions easy for me.. I took a quick look and I am pretty good with cleaning up my refidgerator, but there are a few things that are kind of sitting there for a while and they probably fall in this category. I took a picture of them. One is the french mustard. Probably just perfectly fine, but when I eat mustard I always eat dijon. So this was just sitting there in the back of my refridgerator. Maybe I should eat more burgers and start using it.. hmmm thanks for the idea. The other one is the Guava Jam. It's so sweet it can hardly ever go bad.. but I just don't eat it because it's not jam really. Picked it up in Kauai several years ago.
While reading over what I wrote, I think those beers really need finishing off too..





---- edited ----
3 questions and the answers of this post has been removed later by the author.
---- edited ----

.

Thanks Doris for taking the time to come up with these questions.

In accordance with the rules of the meme, I need to post these instructions:
Instructions:
  • If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “Interview me.” (”Tickle me” or “Caress me” are not acceptable substitutes.) You must leave your blog address so I can think of good questions for you!
  • I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different. I’ll post the questions in the comments section of this post.
  • You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
  • You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
  • When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


Don't forget, you will need to check back for your questions and it might help if you let me know when you have answered them.

5 Comments:

At Sun Aug 07, 12:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger Doris said...

Wow! I sure got to find out more about you!

1. I can imagine thinking CSI too. Is there any harm in just taking a copy of your photos to the police station and saying you reckon it is nothing but maybe you should tell them... but the contents of the bags could be exciting, maybe a bank robbery stash or some long-lost private papers with juicy snippets?

2. LOL I was thinking of condiments but that was the best way I could think of wording it! Guava jam sounds unusual. Ever tried carrot jam from Iran? I haven't but I saw it in a local shop and was intrigued.

3. I didn't realise. People who are married but live apart by definition must have some interesting stories.

4. Ahhh. :-)

5. This question could have been answered as superficially as you liked but you chose to give it depth :-) I suggest you never play the drinking game Truth or Dare... LOL I don't mean that mockingly either as your answers rather tug on the heart strings and I wish you all the best and that before too long your families can be living together all the time.

Now, I hope you get some willing interviewees as that makes the game complete and is fun to make the questions :-)

 
At Mon Aug 08, 04:55:00 AM PDT, Blogger C & A said...

Sounds interesting idea so I will have a go so can you interview me please!

 
At Mon Aug 08, 08:47:00 AM PDT, Blogger /T/ said...

Chezzy here are your questions:

1. Have you ever gotten stuck on a road with your car so that you needed to either call road assistance, a tow truck or a friend to help you out?

2. What does your ideal vacation look like, what should it definitely include and what not?

3. If you could work to mend a footpath on one of your holidays anywhere in the world, what path would you be working on and why?

4. What are your favorite clothes you like to wear when you are home and don't have to go anywhere?

5. What is the weirdest that ever happened while you were on a night shift?

 
At Mon Aug 08, 11:12:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ure blog is quite good..id like few tips on how to optimize the blog...my mail id is syedwasi87@hotmail.com i wanted to ask u a few things abt how to edit my blog...hope u reply..

 
At Tue Aug 09, 02:44:00 AM PDT, Blogger C & A said...

Questions answered, half asleep as just finished first night, but I think my answers make sense!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home