Thursday, September 15, 2005

Citibank customer service

I thought I share with you a little conversation I had today with the intelligent people who work at CitiBank. Or maybe they are they on some outsourced offshore help desk center in Bangalore or so. It is as if you are talking to a brainless machine. But hey, at least they work in the evenings, pacific time. Come to think of it, I have seen computers answer smarter than the people behind this help desk. So I show you litterally the conversation I had today, except that I took out the actual address and dates, and replaced "you wrote" with "/T/ wrote". Nothing else has been edited.
International Move 09/15/05 08:56:53 PM 2 of 2
/T/ wrote:

Hello, I am moving to Sweden on *******, 2005 and want to give you my new address as of that date.
Current address till **/**/****:
#### My Rd,
My City,

Temporary address **/**/**** - **/**/****
Blablablavägen,
Stad,
SWEDEN

Address as of **/**/****:
Anotherroad ##
Min Stad
SWEDEN

Thank you,
Re: International Move 09/15/05 09:50:20 PM 2 of 2
Customer Service Wrote:

You are requested to contact us when you want to change your address.


Thank you for using our website.

RE: International Move 09/15/05 10:51:11 PM 2 of 2
/T/ wrote:

I thought this message is a way of contacting you with my address change. I just followed the instructions on the website to send you a message. Please let me know if I need to call a number, or what to do, because now I am confused.
RE: International Move 09/16/05 12:03:51 AM 2 of 2
Customer Service Wrote:

To update your address and phone number, go to the Manage My Account menu and select Update Personal Profile. Then select Address and Phone Change.

Thank you for using our website.
RE: International Move 09/16/05 12:13:31 AM 2 of 2
/T/ wrote:

Again.. this is an international move and on the "Manage My Account menu and select Update Personal Profile. Then select Address and Phone Change." it clearly says for international moves you have to send a secure message, which I did. So what do you want me to do now? I cant update my address there because that is ONLY for moves within the country.
RE: International Move 09/16/05 12:57:57 AM 2 of 2
Customer Service Wrote:

We apologize for any confusion. We have updated your address to change on **/**/** to the first address you provided.

We are unable to add another address change at this time. You will need to contact us when your address changes again on **/**/**.

Thank you for using our website.
I hope they read this blog, because then I can also answer with: "Thank you for using my website."

3 Comments:

At Sat Sep 17, 02:59:00 PM PDT, Blogger Agnes said...

LMAO, I suggest you do not use their website but visit one of the many millions of stripmall Citibank locations to close your accounts.
EGAD!

 
At Wed Sep 21, 08:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger JK said...

Afgezien van weer zo'n absurde helpdesk (barst het overigens ook van in Frankrijk), begrijp ik eruit dat je binnenkort naar Zweden emigreert. Good news lijkt me. Ik ben blij voor je en hoop dat je daar snel aan de bak komt.
Veel succes met de verhuizing en met je nieuwe leven daar.

 
At Tue Oct 04, 10:50:00 AM PDT, Blogger Wilson Clan said...

Idiots.. lol Wow, truly stupid.. Sounds like the trouble I've had with SBC Ameritech.. Grrrr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home