Sunday, June 12, 2005

Today I completed "Windy Hill"

Now I can finaly say I completed Windy Hill... I've been hiking here for about 1½ year and never I hiked the Lost Trail and the Razorback Ridge Trail. But today with a temperature of 83ºF (28ºC) I decided to complete the full circle of the preserve (about 9.6 mile ≈ 15.4km). I started at Portola road; took Betsy Crowder trail and Spring ridge trail to get to the top of the summit. There I took Aniversary trail to the Lost trail, staying high up on the hills. Then I took the Razorback Ridge trail which I had never hiked before. This trail and winds more than a thousand feet down, through dense foliage, to where it meets with the Corte Madera Creek at Eagle trail. And from there on it was a straight walk to where my car was parked.

The route I took is marked in yellow.

Windy Hill from the sky. (Thanks to Google with their awsome map website!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home