Monday, May 30, 2005

Mt. Diablo

On this memorial day 2005, I drove to Mt. Diablo for a nice hike. The weather was great, not too hot but very sunny. I parked my car on Regency Dr, in Clayton and from there I started my hike.

First I hiked for about 1.5 mile over the Donner Canyon trail. This part of the hike was a wide and easy trail with quite some people on it since it was the main entrance of the park. Then after half a mile on Cardinet Oaks Road I took the narrow Falls Trail. This was a great trail (although quite steep at times) that crossed many little feeder waterfalls. Also it had some gorgeous views. Along the way I saw many many butterflies, lots of beautiful flowers and again a big snake. Seems like I run into them constantly this spring. Still have not been able to take a good picture of it. They are too fast. After the Falls Trail I continued on Middle Trail, this part of the trail slowly takes you out of the canyon again and via Meridian Ridge Road I returned to the Donner Canyon Road and traced my steps back to the car. If I lived closer I would hike here many times for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home