Saturday, May 21, 2005

April showers bring May flowers!

Once again the old saying proved to be right. The abundant rain we had in april definitly brought an abundance of flowers this month. This picture I took on the "anniversary trail" on Windy Hill. This is one of my favorite places to hike. And today with the incredible nice weather I hiked there for about 7 miles (2 hours). I took Spring Ridge trail to Anniversary trail and back via Hamms Gulch trail. (I found a description of this exact hike here)
Usually I see on windy hill every time one or two new animals that I have never seen there before. In the past I've seen rabbits, deer, coyotes, humming birds, snakes, hares, prairy dogs, woodpeckers, lizzards and others. Once I even got a glimpse of either a bobcat or a young mountain lion. But this time I had less eye than usual for all the beauty that nature brings here, because I brought with me the the audio book "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown that I was listening to on my mp3 player during the hike. But luckily, even though the book caught most of my attention, these beautiful flowers I did not oversee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home