Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Podcasting

Well I still don't have an iPod, since I am not too thrilled about the design of the devices, but lately I am listening to the so called "Podcasts".

On the Wikipedia Podcasting is described as "a method of publishing sound files to the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed and receive new audio files automatically. Podcasting is distinct from other types of audio content delivery because it uses the RSS 2.0 file format. This technique has enabled many producers to create self-published, syndicated radio shows."
My favorite Podcast that I am listening to is Adam Curry's The Daily Source Code. The reason why I like this podcast has partially to do with the fact that I grew up with Adam Curry being the host of the very popular pop-music television program in Holland called Countdown plus he was a dj on my favorite radiostation there. I included the RSS feed of this podcast here too:
Even Apple's Steve Jobs talked extensively about this new phenomenon and even used Adam Curry's podcast as an example in last weeks Worldwide Developers Conference 2005 Keynotes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home